Monday 16 March 2015

How to choose the perfect lotion for your skin !

Hello loves πŸ’•
So I have dealed with this dilemma for years and years since I started to take more care of my skin I started looking into lotions and body butters ohh how I looove the smell of "The Body Shop"  body butters they are usually £12 but comes a certain time and they go on sale for £5 which is the best bargain there is!! But no matter how much I love the smell I am sadly unable to use this product as much as I would love to because simply the consistency is too thick and my skin is unable to absorb it :( ,, so then i went to hunt for a thinner option which is body lotion but then again it was simply too thick which caused me to look a bit more furthure into why is my skin unable to absorb these products but the only thing that i found even remotly helpfull from my research is that i should use something that is for hydrating and moisturizing your skin because the consistancy will appear much more thinner and my skin may be able to absorb it better so what i did then was got a alo Vera gel and applied it after shaving to my legs which help but the rest of my skin was being neglected which really annoyed me,but then I was getting my eyebrows done and the lady that does them she is really good at the skin care aspect so I kindly asked her what should I do and she said use baby oil just the simple Johnson baby oil.
So how I did it was I would shower then turn off my shower but leave my skin soaking wet and then apply the baby oil and wait for like 1min and then towel dry my skin and the effects were miraculous it absorbed all the oil leaving no trace of it after drying my self with a towel but my skin was smooth and soft I would defenetly 100% recommend trying this to any of you who are suffering from the same thing if by any chance you are unable to use baby oil or are allergic to it try coconut oil but instead dry yourself fully and then apply a little amount and rub it in very well and you will get the same effect as with baby oil.
Here is the lotions and potions I have tried before-
Vaseline (coco butter with cacao extract) I really like the smell but the consistancy is too thick and creamy for my skin to be able to absorb it.
The body shop (peach) body lotion again loved the smell and the benefits from the lotion but again too thick for my skin.
The body shop body butter( this was gifted to me so I had no choice but to try and yet again I did not like it because my skin was not able to absorb it.
The body shop butter again another gift but this was lighter then the peach one was of course still too thick for my skin and I hated the smell.

So that leaves me with the product that actually helped me which was-
I've talked about the benefits of coconut oil in a previous blog post :)

Thank you loves , hope you enjoyed it.
Follow, subscribe and likeπŸ’• with love Ugne.


No comments:

Post a Comment