Wednesday 9 September 2015

GlossyBox August 2015: Unboxing and First Impressions

It has taken me quite a while to finally commit to subscribing to GlossyBox. I was hesitating a lot, whether it was worth subscribing monthly and whether the products are worth the value. Well, I watched enough YouTube videos to make my mind up and I decided to get the monthly subscription which is £10 + 3.25 P&P.

Enough of this talk and lets start unboxing August's GlossyBox. So excited! (aaaaaa!)



So this is how the actual GlossyBox looks when it comes out of the parcel packaging. I didn't take a picture of the actual parcel just because it has my address on it and I didn't think you guys would want to see that. I was very, very pleased to see how good of a quality the box was. It was of a hard cardboard which means you could easily use it for storage after taking out all the products and everything else in the box.





Moving on, when I opened the box I just kept smiling, because it's very clear to see that every box they pack and wrap, they all take extra care in doing so, as they are packaged very neatly. The sugar paper and the little bow (which is not in the picture, because my mother took it off :( ) wrapped around it, just looks so girly and glamorous. I couldn't wait to open the sugar paper and see what was inside! Also, the information leaflet on top, as I like to call it a cosmetics menu is very useful to look at. This is because you can see what's inside the box, it tells you what brand it is, where it's from, what the product does and how much it costs. Very handy! I decided to kind of collect them and put them in a little binder, or make it like a little book.



After looking at the brochure I opened up the sugar paper to see what goodies I was sent for August! Aaaaaaand I was extremely happy with every product I received, especially when it had four full sized products, just wow!

Here is a list of all the products, that were in the box and brief descriptions.



1. MeMeMe LIPGLIDE IN PLAYFUL PEACH

"The coral hue of this matte-velvet chubby lip crayon suits everyone and it's an ideal travel companion. Easy to apply on-the-go, it offers a hydrating, high-pigment colour that lasts all day."

Full-size £6.95 shop at www.mememecosmetics.com

First Impressions: I have already tried applying this product on my lips and I was very, very surprised. First of all, it was too easy to apply it, it wasn't sticky after application and it stays on for quite a long time. It is very creamy with a matte finish and very, very pigmented.



2. Manna Kadar LASH PRIMER

"Hailing from the US, this creamy gel formula is my new summer staple. It works to nourish your lashes thanks to the inclusion of vitamin B12, in turn leaving them conditioned and voluminous. What's more, you can layer it under mascara for an enhanced final effect."

Full-size £14.55 shop at mannakadaracosmetics.com

First Impressions: I have to be completely honest, so I will be. I haven't tried this product yet, but I will be using this for sure. The actual package is very cute and professional. The actual product is not very big, which can easily fit in a purse and it doesn't take uo a lot of space in a make-up bag. The actual brush applicator looks very much like a mascara brush, it should seperate the lashes very well, I will let you know once I try it out!



3.Emite ARTIST COLOUR POWDER BLUSH

"In May we asked blush or bronzer? You voted, we listened and now we're pleased to pop this blush/bronzer hybrid (we've coined it a 'blunzer') in your box. Hailing from pro-inspired Swedish brand Emite, it adds warmth to your complexion and lightly contours."

Full-size £20.59 shop at www.emitemakeup.com

First Impressions: I didn't get to try this product out either, however I tested out the pigmentation and the colour by dabbing and swiping my finger across the 'blunzer'. The texture is extremely creamy and light and the pigmentation is insane. So, I decided that I will not be using this product as the pigmentation is absolutely amazing, but the actual product is very, very dark in colour. Meaning, that the colour of this product is way too dark for my skin colour. I will not be throwing this product away, I will re-gift it or just simply give it to a friend.



4. Noabay CALMING FACE TONER

"This Spanish brand is top of our list for luxury natural products that look smart on your bathroom shelf. This citrus-scented liquid toner ticks four requirements, removing traces of make-up while also cleansing, calming and hydrating skin thanks to chamomile and gotu kola extracts. Plus it's 99.13% natural."

Full-size £10.65 shop at www.comprarcosmetica.es

First Impressions: I think this is my favourite product out of all five that I received. I cannot describe what wonders this miracle toner does to my skin. First time I used this toner, I couldn't believe how light it felt. It just feels like cleaning your face with water, like I know most toners they have this oily texture to them, but this feels just like water, so it really is suitable for any type skin. This doesn't dry out the skin or make it even more oily, This product I believe is not scented, however I can still scent a smell of berries, a very slight scent, but maybe it's just me! LOL..  I think I will be purchasing this again, once I finish this bottle. This came in a full size which I am extremely surprised.

SASS PURIFYING CLEANSER

"This gentle formula ensures you stay shower-fresh all day. It works as a probiotic to balance skin's PH levels, all while cleansing and energising - gently apply to the body in the shower and rinse with fresh water."

Full-size £7.00 shop at www.boots.com

First Impressions: Once again, I haven't had time to try this product out. I also don't really believe in the intimate cleansers and I have never tried one out before, so I don't know the effects and how it works.I believe, that this is also unscented which is good for the intimate areas of ours as they are very delicate.


As I have calculated the total of this box, the total came up to £59.74. I have only paid £10 + £3.15 PP for this monthly subscription box. I mean, this will save me more money each month, than going to any drug store and purchasing a lot of things I do not need!

I am obsessed! :)

www.glossybox.co.uk

Thank you for reading this very long post, I hope you enjoyed it and I hope it maybe helped some of you make up your minds about subscribing for this monthly subscription box. You can also purchase a one off, if you don't want to commit and you are not sure about this.

Once again, thank you for reading this and don't forget to follow us on all social media platforms!

See you soon, ladies!

With love, Girls Online xo - Vaiva







No comments:

Post a Comment