Friday 9 January 2015

Nail Care & Removing Gel Nails

Hey girls,
so before the Christmas holidays, I decided to treat myself to some nice gel manicure. Weeks have passed, and just yesterday I took a look at my nails and thought to myself, ''There's no way I will set foot outside until I fix this horrible mess on my hands!'' You know that feeling? When the nails have grown out, and it just doesn't look pretty any more; you automatically feel like hiding your hands in your pockets or gloves. Yeah. It was that kind of feeling...this is how it looked before and after!


Therefore, I decided to take care of this mess, remove the gel nails and do a nice, new manicure for myself! 
There are two methods (that I know of) to remove gel nails, first there is the nail file, second soaking in nail varnish removal. I prefer to file them, as I find it's a faster way to do it. Using my (1) 'APN Elite Files 100/100' file, I got to work...It took me roughly 30 minutes to remove them, however I didn't want to remove them fully as my nails are quite soft and they chip off very quickly, so I still wanted to keep some on to keep my real nails stronger. I'm also afraid of damaging my real nail by filing too much (it did happen before), therefore I suggest you guys be careful when filing, as it will make your nail so soft it will literally be as bendable as paper! I made sure I even out my real nails with the gel nails at the bottom, so you can't really tell I still left some on...this is how my nails looked after the filing


Afterwards, I applied a clear nail polish from (2) 'French Manicure by H&M'. After it dried, I applied two coats of burguny/dark red nail polish by (3) 'Revolution' (sorry the colours look different because of my bad lighting)

When all the nails dried completely, I used my (4) 'Avon Nail Experts' corrector pen. For those who are unfamiliar with this product, it is a pen filled with varnish removal, used to remove nail polish from the skin around the nail. It is a life saver, as I always manage to get nail polish everywhere, and its way better than using Q-tips soaked in varnish removal which usually drips down everywhere for me!
...When done with the corrector pen, I applied the (5) 'O.P.I' cuticle revitalizer oil, on my cuticles. It contains oils and extracts from fruits and plants, and a variety of vitamins to keep nails strong, and grown long and beautiful! For the last step, I applied (6) 'Garnier Intensive 7 Days' hand cream, on my hands, leaving them soft, moisturised and hydrated. This is personally one of my favourite hand creams, I definitely recommend it to everyone, especially if you have rough, and dry skin.



Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed it!
Girls Online 'Gabriele' xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment